Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey you’all from Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by gregunit, Feb 23, 2006.

1. gregunit

gregunit

Feb 23, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Have been playing bass with my son-in-laws from about 10 years.
    Band name is 7 Seize. We are a 3 piece band and we play originals written by Scott, the lead guitar man and main vocalist. Scott lets the drummer and I invent our own parts. The band sound a lot like Paul Gilbert, Nuno Bettencourt (guitar wars), Dokken

My other band is the Retros, a 5 piece classic rock and oldies combo with drums, bass, a real classic rocker on guitar and a Hammond b3. The 5th person is our front-man and he is a real entertainer, can really get them on their feet. Everyone sings - good harmonies.

Occasionally we are asked to play blue grass, and as such we add the lead guitar players 87 year old father as lead guitar and vocalist, and a fiddle.

35 years ago I played 2nd sax for the Hiram Thomas Band (LA, CA) and with the Disney Sound Castle. I was also a clarinetist playing with the LA Philharmonic.

I’m not innovative or fast, just a good all-around musician that loves to play with and for good people.

My equipment is simple, Hardke 4 string, Roland DB-700 Combo. Light, carry all in, in one trip, has all the sound I need.