1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi. Bassist/future audiologist here

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BassAuD, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassAuD

BassAuD

Oct 4, 2017
    Ohio
    a low B sound wave is 36.61 feet long.
    I've been a freelance bassist for a while and have recently headed back to school for a degree in audiology. I have no intention of hanging up the bassist hat but rather hope to find ways to help other musicians to take care of their hearing and to cope with what issues that they may already have.

I do mostly orchestral playing, but that is largely because that is what I get called for. I love electric bass as well as upright and have played rock, classical, jazz, latin, big band...whatever. I've played contrabass balalaika in a Russian folk ensemble but sadly don't own one.

That's about it for now.

2. Welcome from a really old, hard of hearing guy. Looking forward to your comments......

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!

Fix my hearing now. Ready, go.

Please.

:D

BassAuD likes this.
  4. Hello! I wear filtering earplugs every show, and when ever I see a drummer pick up a pair of sticks..

I wish I would have done that 25 years ago.

BassAuD likes this.