hi, im page

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Dec 18, 2004.

1. This is my first post, id just thought id introduce my self.

Im 16, i live in mississippi, ive been playing a year and a half,i have really crappy cheap gear, i dont have a job( much to my parents dismay) . Most of my musical influence comes from bands like Zeppelin, Yes, King Crimson, Bowie, Neil Young, Clutch and Tom Waits. I also dabble in guitar and piano, my grandpa has a mellotron which if youve never played one, they are quite fun. im trying to learn harmonica. And im a sucker for rickenbacker basses, I wish i could afford one.
    I play in a band with my friends , we mainly play old progressive rock, but were open to anything. Ive never met another guy named page.

Just thought id introduce myself with this bunch of random facts.
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8

So I guess you're a guy?
    ....damn now I have to put my lo......

Welcome to the board :)
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Cool, welcome. Well done on the musical influences. Have fun looking around here... there's more useful (and potentially useless... see any post started by Mike Money :D ) than you could ever need.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey, Welcome to Talkbass!

I'm James and co mod of the "Bassist" section. I dabble in a few non bass instruments too (guitar & piano & Sax... thinking about flute currently). Glad to have you stop by!
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm a life-long Crimson fan and I also really dig Tom Waits.

brad cook
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN

Tom Waits is the ****.
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass.:) I am a big King Crimson fan too.
  8. Hey, nice to meet ya'. Can I use the melotron?? :)
  9. Welcome to TB Page. Hope you realize you now have no life outside of these forums. You will find yourself visiting here whether or not you want to. ;)

Looks like you got some kickass taste in music. Can never go wrong with Zeppelin.

Incidentally, I have a good friend who's name is Page, so you're not alone. (Plus Jimmy's {from Led Zeppelin} last name is Paige, so does that count?)
  10. word of warning...
    if you hang out around here, you are going to want to get a job...
    all this bass talk, so little money (i had to learn the hard way!!!)

i'm just kidding, welcome to TB!

11. Hey page

Welcome to TB
    If you like try posting in the Doublebass section I'm sure they'll gladly help you out :D
  12. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Page! Welcome to TB! You've got an impressive list of influences...with them, you'll probably go far.

Don't worry...you'll get that Rickenbacker one day.;)
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Hi Page. Nice list of influences, hope you enjoy this place.
  14. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Big fan of Young's stuff. Good call. :smug:
  15. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Oh ****, I've got a clone.
  16. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Welcome, and have fun in here.
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Its true you know... i browser TB from my cellphone all the time... its bad...

Welcome to the forum...
  18. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Howdy Neighbor. What is your bands name? I like prog rock and wouldn't mind going to see a show.

By the way, great list of influences for anyone; much less a sixteen year old.
  19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo Page!

I was actually in a band with a dude named Page for a while. Singer. He had a wife and kids, so apparantly the name didn't curse him....

I'm originally from your neck of the woods, Lousy-ana, Slide-hell to be exact.

Oh, and don't listen to these guys, I'm really not a "pusherman", my job is really more of a "relationship counselor", y'know bringing bassists & basses together in healthy, meaningful relationships.

(...if that don't make sense, check my sig.... :D )