1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HiFi Forums

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by jallenbass, Apr 4, 2006.

1. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Has anyone found a Talkbass quality HiFi forum?

2. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Problem is that the higher-end you go, the more taffy is distributed. If the HiFipeople were honest, they woouldn't be discussing the relative merits of different power cords and paying $5,000 for interconnects. ;-)

3. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Nothing is quite like TB but some places I go:

I subscribe to a Vinyl discussion via email called Phonogram. They are even bigger dorks than TB's but have really interesting conversations about pressings, history, and the like.

To subscribe to Phonogram, send email to majordomo@phonogram.net with the command "subscribe phonogram" in the body of the message. To subscribe to Phonogram Digest, send email to the same address with the command "subscribe phonogram-digest." If you want to subscribe an address other than the account the email is coming from, append that address to the subscription request (e.g. "subscribe phonogram my-other-address").

Audio Asylum is interesting. http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html

I lurk the vinyl asylum and the tube asylum and the high efficiency speaker forums. I stay out of the mix there as it can get a little petty and I don't have time for those kinds of interactions.

Audiogon is really interesting too. I've done well with the equipment trading pages there. http://www.audiogon.com/index.html

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  5. I spent months in search of a new sound gear that I wanted and could afford.
    I'm very happy with www.redwineaudio.com for both the amp and modified Squeeze box to get music from my computer.
    next step is to upgrade my speakers from www.omegaloudspeakers.com

www.audiocircle.com is a great place for info on these and other audioproducts.

6. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Some interesting gear there.

I still have my 30+ yea old Polk and NAD gear, and a somewhat never CD player. AS long as it still works, I'm not replacing it ;-)