1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hip Shot Xtender on a Fender Modern Telecaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickUK01, Jul 18, 2012.

1. NickUK01

NickUK01

Jul 18, 2012
    Hi guys,

I saw a thread on this some time ago but didn't find it last time I look so I thought I would see if anyone has any ideas if here.

Does anyone know if there is a Hip Shot xtender that will fit the fender modern telecaster? Emailed hip shot but not had a response, any help would be much appreciated!

2. NickUK01

NickUK01

Jul 18, 2012
    And just as luck has it, I get a response!

I was told the BT1 is the closest match but is clover key slightly shorter. Anyone know if that will fit without drilling the headstock and without causing any problems in general?

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    The Hipshot BT1 it's the nearly perfect replacement for the kinda machineheads on the Modern Player Telecaster Bass.

Otherwise, not too different really, yet demanding a fix in distance between holes on one side of the extender basis, Hipshot BT7 is second best

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. NickUK01

NickUK01

Jul 18, 2012
    Brilliant, thanks very much for your help, looking at picking one of those up but I need to have the ability to drop down to D easily, think I have my next purchase sorted.

Cheers!

5. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    In shape, they are: in fact the BT7 perfectly retrofits Modern Player Jazz's and Jaguar's machineheads (HB7 shapes)
    I know for I put a BT7 (let alone many other basses, for it is the more common shaping there is) exactly on my Jaguar (and BlackTop Jazz, Standard Jazz, American Special Jazz, Squier Vintage Modified Jazz, Yamaha BB614, Yamaha Attitude Special)

But believe me...
    the BT1 is ok for Telecaster bass machineheads as for, say, Squier Classic Vibe Jazz. They're the same so the extender model is the same as well.

Cheers,
    Wallace