1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot customer service

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rodger Bryan, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Connecticut
    About a month ago, I was setting the intonation on a Hipshot A bridge when I ran out of adjustment screw for the C string. There was still 3/16" left between the front of the saddle and the edge of the bridge plate. What I needed on that saddle was a screw that was .100" longer.

I contacted Hipshot to ask them where I could buy longer replacement screws and described my problem (because the bridge probably should have been moved back by .125") The tech responded within a day and offered to send screws of various lengths for me to solve the issue.

When I get great service, I want to be sure to spread the word!
    peace,
    R

2. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / DARKGLASS / KEELEY / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    I've dealt with Dave over there at Hipshot since the mid 80's!!

I once had an ESP Surveyor bass that had different tuners that were available with the Hipshots D-Tuners.
    Dave told me to send him one of my tuners from the bass and he made a D-Tuner out of it!

How's that for customer service!!! Great company and great products!!

3. rmars

rmars

Jan 2, 2004
    Bettendorf, Ia
    Hipshot's customer service is awesome! I had an issue with a bridge they custom drilled for me and they bent over backwards to resolve it. I ended up with a production B series bridge and not the custom drilled Vintage bridge but hey, who else would even attempt to do that for a customer.

They are both protective and grateful for their customers. I don't imagine I will ever do a custom bass with anything but Hipshot hardware ever again.

Great people, great service!

4. Hipshot rules! They make the best bridges in my opinion (Badass what?)

5. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Before the BasAssIII's were available for Fender string through body MIA basses I had Hipshot make me a string through bridge . It cost some but they did a fantastic job. There were a couple of delays and they E-mailed me to keep me up to speed. all in all a great experience and awesome customer service.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They have gone beyond the call for me several times. Easily the best customer service in the biz.

7. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    This is all awesome to hear. It's fantastic when a company makes good stuff AND bends over backwards to help you out, even when it's not "A warranty issue".

Thanks for being good, Hipshot!

8. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    I recently needed a custom order bridge without pre-drilled mounting holes to retrofit to an older bass. They had it to me within a week. Great customer service and excellent products! They will definately be my first call whenever I need parts.

9. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    I just talked with Bill and he was a great help took his time to walk me through drilling out my head for new tuners and they look and are awesome.Hipshot your the best