hmm i need help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Dec 25, 2003.

1. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    alright in the main band i play with we play a lot of old metallica covers and being as cliff burtons my hero i dont mind heh. But his gear Electro Harmonix big muff pedal and a morley power wah. i was going to get those since there on sale but my guitarist things that bass should stick with bass made effects what do you think?
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    the big muff will work just fine on both. many many people here will tell you exactly the same thing.

i dont know about the morley wahs. morley things always seemed a bit crap to me anyway
  3. I modified my big muff so that i can blend clean signal with OD'ed signal. Very easy to do, and the result makes water run in your mouth :)
  4. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    how would you do that? Does it really sound that good:p
  5. U just added a small mixer-circuit. it has 2 small pots on the left side now. will add some pictures when i have the time.
  6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Do you have any more info on that mixer circuit? Is is something you made from raw parts, or was it a kit somewhere? I assume it is all passive? That would be the perfect fix for that pedal.
  7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Also check the Muff out in bypass mode, never forget how important your straight tone is. In my experience, EH's non-true-bypass pedals suck the life out of your direct signal.

Their new pedals with tubes in them are said to be true bypass, unfortunately a Muff style fuzz isn't among them.

Also search around here, there are plenty of fuzzes to choose from and everybody likes something different. I am digging the Frantone Peachfuzz but want to try a Lo-Tone before deciding. Currently I use my MM4's ring mod as a fuzz =0)