Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hmmm two ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickben, Aug 29, 2004.

1. i wasnt sure where to put this. i got two ? for u guys.

i have a chance to get a sunn bass amp head if i trade a recorder with my frind. its black case with white front and is some thing like modle 400. i tried look online for info and all i find is info abotu a sl;ave modle. bassically a power amp that looks liek it. does any one have any idea about this amp. i just wanna know the ohms and watts cause i can find them on the head or the net.

allso id really liek to buy a ampeg 8x10, if i can find a empty cab can i buy speakers for it. what iam asking is can i buy the same typ of speakers ampeg uses or are the custom for them onyl.

sorry about spellign grammar

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've heard good things about Sunns, but Fender bought them up and is now selling them the same under the Fender logo... :rolleyes:
    Try to look at those amps, maybe you'll find it there.

As for the 810 and speakers, doesnt Ampeg sell replacement speakers?
    Anyway, I've heard that some Ampeg cabs (and cabs of other makers, too) have Eminence speakers in them.

BTW, how's it doing, Ben? ;)

3. barley hangiong in the. i take it u read my little help thread if u want a update pm. wat i should of asked is this. my frind is will to trade me a sunn bass head from the 70's for the price of a cheap recorder or i give him one of my recorders. the only problem i dont knwo the ohms or watts. iam pretty sure its 400 watts. its black(like marshal or ampeg ) with a all white face with red letter. can u guys give me some info on this sucker

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    The white w/ red lettering Sunns are the solid state ones from the '70s. They usually had model names like Concert Bass or Coliseum. I'm not familiar with one called 400. It should be able to do both 4 and 8 ohms (not at the same time) and have at least 100W.