Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Licensed Steinberger clone. Maple thru-neck, 1.5" at nut, rosewood board, 24 very accessible frets, excellent detunable bridge (very precise, stays in tune forever, change strings in seconds), active, 2 volume/1 treble/1 bass. Light as air, strong tone character I'd describe as modern-like, deep fundamental and strong in the upper-mids. Metallic gray, black h/w.

This bass is about 3 years old, I got it here earlier this year (thanks Figjam) and travelled with it to Virginia. Now I'm back home in LA with all my other basses, travellin days are over, and I figured this one could use a nice home. Mint condition, can't find a flaw on it, but due to its age I'll say excellent condition. Asking $270 including shipping, the padded bag (also perfect condition), tools, extra set of double-ball end strings. On the web:

http://www.guitarshop.net/hohnerb2abd.htm

http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/hohner/hoh_models/hoh_models_bass.htm

PM me and I'll email pics. Maybe trade for a combo? Thanks for looking, Jeff

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    my baby :(

EDIT: Im not sure that its 3 years old.. i aquired it about a year and a half ago, new from an online dealer.

3. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    I was close to buying this from Figjam back in March. I couldn’t decide, so I told him to let it go to someone else. I’ve been checking the Classifieds here everyday since just to see if it would come back for sale. Well it finally has, and wouldn’t you know, it couldn’t be the worst possible time for me…. Christmas and work slowing down. Hehehe, bad karma I guess. I’ve been agonizing over this since I saw the post on Friday. Somebody either talk me into it, or buy it themselves to put me out of my misery. -- Jeff

[Edit] - I've only had a chance to play this body style once, very briefly, in a local shop. How comfortable is this to play seated and/or kicked back with your feet up? Specifically, the lack of wrist and arm support.

4. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Funny you should ask... the majority of my playing on this bass was done while kicked back on a sofa playing along with DVDs and Seinfeld reruns while on my work travel assignment. I found it necessary to have a strap or else it can slide away a bit. Seated is no problem, there's a little thigh-rest thing on the bottom that folds out for that. And standing up, y'know, the only thing that feels a little odd about this bass is the lack of mass of the (missing) headstock. I've never felt like my left hand was gonna fly off the end or any nonsense like that. Bottom line, this is an extermely comfortable bass, and feels like nothing on your shoulder.

5. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    Thanks for the info, still considering.... you have a PM

6. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    couple more pics.

7. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    another offer fell through, she's still available. -Jeff

8. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Missed it. Bummer.

Maybe I'll catch it when the new owner has had enough of it...

;)

9. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    If you've still got it, I'll take it. PM sent.

10. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Sorry guys for not updating the thread (I didn't get much response when the ad was new), but the bass was sold a couple weeks ago.