1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holden Wasp Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jjwow, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jjwow

jjwow

Mar 14, 2010
    I have just purchased a Holden Wasp from EBay & was trying to determine if the 6L6's in the output stage is correct. Does anyone know what were the usual valves? I have read they usually run 4 x KT88's, 6550 or EL34, but 6L6's?

Does anyone have a scematic diagram?
    Thanks & keep rockin!!!

2. I know kt88's and 6550's are interchangeable but there would have had to be a mod to run el34's or 6l6's unless it's designed that way?

3. Mine had 4 KT88's but they also shipped with 6550's. They just used whatever compnents were on hand. Same with the transformers and other components.
    They were built on Australia and NZ and sometimes both.
    Which modeld you have? I had the VBL which at 200 watts was just a monster. Just too heavy and the EQ stack just did not work for me.

4. Used to be a site called ozvavleamp whch had schems but it's now gone. I think Black Labb on ozbass for RodL would have schems.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020