Holy smokes... mesa content.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbeard, Jul 25, 2013.

1. bassbeard

bassbeard

Jul 18, 2007
    akron, ohio
    M-Pulse 600 and Diesel 2x15 arrived today. My kids are hiding down in the basement :)

Not much more can be said for this amazing combination of equipment than has already been posted here 1000 times. All I can do is confirm that all of it is true!!!

Attached Files:

2. Old Fart

Old Fart

Mar 11, 2011
    I have a similar-vintage 2x15 in the "read ready" cabinet. Weighs about the same as a piano, but it is the cabinet against which all other cabinets are judged. Best-sounding cabinet I have ever owned. Also the heaviest. I'd REALLY like to find a couple of 1x15's.

3. bassbeard

bassbeard

Jul 18, 2007
    akron, ohio
    It reminds me a lot of my old Ampeg 8x10 HPC, except the bottom end on this is much more natural sounding. Also, as heavy as this is, the HPC was over 200 lbs, so this is significantly lighter than that monster :)

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    :eyebrow:

I love Mesa amps, but I must say that if a "cabinet against which all others are judged " exists, it's probably an Ampeg 810:p

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Congrats - I could see how someone would enjoy that pairing... I've been rockin' this for awhile now:

IMAG0447.jpg

- georgestrings

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    While I agree that the Ampeg SVT810e is considered a standard, IMO there are plenty of cabs that are much better - and FWIW, I've owned atleast 3 Ampeg 810s, and played them on stage hundreds of times...

- georgestrings

7. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I played this same cab with a D180 Amp it was a beast.

8. Deedubs

Deedubs

Mar 5, 2012
    +1
    Although i don't use my diesel rr215 these days, I will prob never get rid of mine.

When I started playing the Boggie Diesel RR 215 was the cab to have!

So IMO I think it sits up there with the svt 810.

9. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

I agree. It's not the best cab IMO either. My point is simply that there is no generally agreed upon standard.

10. Epidrake

Epidrake

May 24, 2011
    Beautiful. I have the single 15 Diesel and the 2x10 set up vertically. These cabs are indestructible.
    Congrats

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021