1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot Pups On Jag Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by antiochbass, Aug 31, 2008.

1. antiochbass

antiochbass

Sep 27, 2007
    Sycamore, IL
    Hey all,

I need some thoughts/tips on a bit of an issue i've noticed with my jag bass. The output on it is pretty hot. I always have the 15dB pad on on my amp and i've gotta put it in the active jack at church even if i'm on passive. All the strings seem to be ok except the G (EADG). Sometimes, especially when i'm playing up around 12, the G string distorts when i feel like it shouldn't. I've ruled out the amp because it does it on all the amps i play on. Does anyone else have a similar issue? Could it be pickup height or maybe something to do with the grounding issue that some jags have?

:help:
    thanks.

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Just a thought but try lowering the pickups the further from the strings the less signal you get. I have a Jag and no matter how close I get the pickup to the string the only distortion sound I get is when the string hits the pickup.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1, and lower the gain on your amp.