Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

House bugs! Yuk!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Barfly, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Man, I wouldn't call it a dilema but we have these in our basement

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/files/images/website.preview.jpg

Nasty-assed looking and faster than all hell. It says they are harmeless, even beneficial but seeing one of these out of the corner of your eye scurry up the wall is creepy.

They are at least 1.5 inches long and will make an auidable 'thud' when they hit the mat, dead.

Better stay out of my beer stash... :scowl:

Anyone else have them? Solutions?

Or, anyone have WORSE critters in the crawl?

2. I've got those. House centipedes. :) I like them though, I think they keep the roaches away, and I've got a soft spot for anything that does that.

At least you haven't got a clock spider....

3. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    These like to come into my house and die on my kitchen floor.
    [​IMG]

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, they're harmless for the most part, We had a lot of them when our office was located in an old house. They liked to hand out in our darkroom in the basement since it had everything they liked, water and dark. They didn't see the red from the safelights, so you'd be in there working and they'd be crawling around like it was pitch black. MAN, they are fast to arent they?!??!?! You can do the bug bomb thing to get rid of them, but I'm guessing you've got a lot of moisture in the basement, so they will likely find their way back in.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Besides spiders I get these carpet beetle things that come in in the summer and then toward the beginning of fall crickets like to get in somehow too. Thankfully this is only in the basement.

6. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Toronto
    Ack. I've got those things too. Bug spray does nothing to those things. Neither does WD-40. I've had to kill atleast two of those things with rolled up paper. Atleast those are the only ones I've seen.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Been battlin' then things for years and no victory in sight.

8. SuperSonic!!!

SuperSonic!!!

Oct 26, 2005
    YORKSHIRE
    I wouldn't consider this as bad but , until recently i had not hoovered up in my room for two years at least... As you can imagine, there was bits of food everywhere. Then one day i lifted up my futon, and found about 300 red larvae bug things, ranging from 2mm to 2cm long. :help: They were everywhere. The first thing I did was got every single object and peice of furniture out of there, and hoovered the hell out of the carpet. I haven't seen them since then but... :bag: