1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how are all your basses wired?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jjones32, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Jjones32

Jjones32

Mar 8, 2007
    i couldn't find a thread for this so don't be shy and just tell your bass and the current set up for wiring. So I'll go first,
    G&L tribute jb-2 standard wiring ( 2 stock jazz pups v/v/t)
    and my beat up ibanez gsr200 which has active and active preamp but was rewired to now only have the stock bass boost, and 2 volume knobs, one for the p pup, and one for the j pup.

0h and you are especially welcome if you have some unorthodox wiring, like toggle switches and the like.

2. nagruv5150

nagruv5150

Apr 1, 2009
    Gadsden, AL
    I have a GSR-200, but its the older passive model. Duncan 1/4lb 'ers in both positions. I can't remember exactly how, but I believe parallel. I want to say it was the only way I could get decent output from each pu individually. I'm extremely happy with the p, but the jazz can't seem to keep up if both are wfo. I can blend them and get many sounds though.