How can I record bass sound samples on my PC?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Dec 31, 2004.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I have a Behringer Bass V-amp which is connected to my PC via MIDI cables. How can I record sample of my playing through the V-amp to my computer? If I need software I'd like freeware if possible.
  2. shizack

Aug 24, 2004
    I may be behind the times, but I don't think you can record samples of your bass into your pc thru the MIDI cables.
    You'll need a cord/adapter from one of the preamp's "line" or "full range" outs into the "line in" jack of your pc's sound card. You can get 1/4" to 1/8" adapters for cheap at Best Buy or Radio Shack. Set your soundcard mixer to record from the "line in" source. If you use windows, search for a file called "sndrec.exe" or "sndrec32.exe". Hit the red button and start playing. You should only really need recording software if you plan to overdub or multi-track. If you need to trim or edit the resulting file just Google or Yahoo for "freeware sound edit" and you should find something.