1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do i get this effect?????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    Is there any way to speed up and slow down your sound with an effect pedal? If i have sound looped, using some kind of rate or something can this be done? Im thinking like the sound of a tape being sped up or slowed down. All i can think is like a phaser and either a delay or I don't know. Any suggestions?

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    The Digitech XP300 Space Station can do this, as well as some loopers (Electro Harmonix 2880). The Space Station is the only one I know of that can (I think) do it in real time, without having to record the loop first.

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I get this effect using a DeltaLabs Effectron. It's a rackmount delay from the 80's and it does a killer speed-up slow-down of the delay trails, and they typically sell for $75 to $125 on Ebay depending on the condition. There are a number of similar rack delays from the same time period that can do the same thing, but I like the raunchy tone of the DeltaLabs best. Any digital delay with modulation rate and depth controls should be able to give this effect.