1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I join the "clubs"?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by GatorDogDoc, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Not sure if this is where I should post this, so please feel free to move it!

I joined TB some time ago, but have been mostly absent or silent up to now due to some broken fingers and lack of playing. I recently have become a supporting member after having increased my bass playing time (and buying, and selling, and reading, and posting, and drooling, etc!).

I often see signatures that include listings of members belonging to certain "clubs", i.e. Praise and Worship Club, Fender Club, etc.

But I don't see a forum that lists the clubs and who to contact to join/get a number assigned.

Am I missing something? Is there a clearing house forum or post on what clubs are out there and who to contact to join?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    LOL. Post in the thread of the club of which you desire to become a member, and ask the OP for a number. There you go. I'm a member of a bunch of clubs (none of which I recall at the moment), but it's not important as long as they keep sending me the money.

3. you must complete a series of tasks as instructed by the chief clubsman.
    dont even ask what i had to do to become a member of the Orange club...just let me tell you that citric fruits were never made to be put in such a place.

4. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    Good luck getting a response. I've tried a couple of times and gotten nothing. At this point, as there seems to be no real benefit to joining a club, I've pretty much given up on the idea. Unless someone can convince me otherwise.

5. tony_clifton

tony_clifton

Nov 14, 2009
    Oh and they are often called 'official', officially unaffiliated with the respective companies that is.

6. Start by paypalling me $5 for each club (kidding)

You post "please issue me a number" Really has no benefit besides fun for some folks...

7. You can join the club in my sig.It very easy really...........

8. What's that "Club-thing" anyway? Lack of ideas for a signature?

9. That's just it... where do I find the threads for the different clubs... are they all under 1 forum?:confused:

10. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    :)

There is no organized list. It's actually very random.

Search function can be your friend.

For example: I see you have an Aerodyne bass...
    search with keywords "aerodyne" and "club" (search titles only) and you get this: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4705732
    Now post a picture of your bass in that thread so you can join if you choose to.
    So you'll meet people who also have such bass and you can wear silly hats maybe.

;)

11. I like silly hats.

12. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    They're not sending you money?

13. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Bass clubs are in the bass forum, amp clubs are in the amps forum, carrot clubs are in off topic. Do a search of the main Bass Guitar forum, titles only, under "club." You will have 50 pages of clubs to peruse. I recommend joining only clubs that will send you money, and not any that require you to perform unnatural acts. Never mind. I'll do it for you. Click here.

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    The "I have to put that where again?" club still struggles for membership for a reason.

15. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    So what are you supposed to do when you request a number and get no response?
    Seriously.

16. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    PM the OP.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Don't do this if the OP is a moderator- we restart club threads all the time as we have to close a thread once it's past 1k posts and open a new one. I get way too many PMs asking for a club number.

18. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yup, clubs are an unofficial part of talkbass so admins/mods have nothing to do with them. When we upgrade to vBulletin 4.0, which has social networking functions, we'll hopefully be able to offer something easier for people to use.

19. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    PM'd

;) :D

20. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    When might that happen?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021