1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you call your bass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Muusers, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I call mine the Bez, since it's an ibanez. How bout you guys, did you name your bass?

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD

I use a combination of good old fashioned pig calling and yodeling. Unfortunately, it never works.:(

3. "Heeeeerrreeeeee bassy bassy bassy, heeeeeerrreeeeee bassy!"

4. "Yo B! Where's my money dog?"

...Works every time.

5. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Hula popper.

6. the way ron burgendy calls his news crew!

7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Nice.

8. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    By it's brand name. The closest I have to any sort of "name" is calling my Epiphone EB-0 my/the Epi.

9. 'Zackly. I like to be accurate in referring to equipment. I come from a radio/TV background, and I often refer to things by brand and model so that my meaning is clear. A EV-635A can only be one thing. However, when it comes to multiple Fender products, I'll refer to the Jazz or the Precision - I only have one of each.

10. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Should I end up with more than one of a model of bass, it becomes "The silver P" or "The fancy Ibanez." Funds be willing, someday I'll have to say "The black Roscoe."

11. Generally standup basses are much easier to call than bass guitars - you know, "my wooden wife", "the doghouse", "the gutbucket", etc. I had an Ampeg Baby Bass we used to call the "cathouse bass."

My late grandmother used to refer to my Kay M-1 as "the monstrosity" when I lived at her house. It was a small house and the bass took up a lot of space in my room. Gram passed in 1994 and the bass was sold long before that. Miss 'em both lots.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I call mine my PIECE OF TRASH.

I know, it's a workhorse, does what I need it to do, stays in tune, never gives me problems on stage. But boy I'd like a little more luxury.

13. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I use Verizon, but the damn bass never picks up.

14. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    La Bestia

15. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I scream KHANN!!!!

[​IMG]

16. I don't bother, it never comes when called.

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The Spector, the Status and The Fretless jazz.

18. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Each has their own name so it depends on whether I want to fondle Angelica, Bethany, Jessica, Melissa, Jennifer, Asia, etc.

19. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Maybe your not in it's network :smug: