1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do you react to things you can't explain

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jul 16, 2012.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I remember getting into a car accident one time. Suddenly everything started moving in slow motion. I seemed very clear headed and was able to react to the situation without panicking. It probably saved my life.
    Unfortunately I have been at quite a few deathbeds in the last ten years and have witnessed the actual moment when people die. Something happens in that moment. It’s like suddenly something leaves their body and they turn instantly into a corpse. I can’t explain that one either.
    Has anything ever happened to you that you can’t explain? How did you react?

2. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    I don't. There's an explanation for everything "supernatural".

3. When in Danger, or in Doubt...
    Run in Circles...Scream and Shout!

davesignatureII-1.

4. I haven't experienced a human death firsthand, but am guessing that it may prove to be a tough subject to discuss here, given TB rules regarding religion(NOT saying death HAS to involve religious beliefs but I think it will for many)... the *slowing down* effect during extremely stressful/traumatic events is IMO likely a natural defense/survival mechanism; that I've done a few times(car & bicycle crashes, heated arguments w/She Who Will Be Obeyed because she owns all the poon in my life... ;)).

5. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Higgs Boson. Clear?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I get my thetans audited.

7. TOG

TOG Banned

Jul 4, 2012
    Superstition is the Way! S.T.B.W.

8. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Religion to the rescue!

9. Actually, the thing I find most confusing is the thing I find most attractive. ;)

10. Bassmastertim

Bassmastertim

Mar 15, 2009
    Heavy drug use and self abuse is how I usually cope with things I can't comprehend.

Like when my lights go off, or when my cat gets stuck in the crisper drawer in the fridge.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Inspection, Reflection, Introspection

12. slobake

:D:D:D CLEAR

13. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    "How do you react to things you can't explain"

I smash them with a hammer or a big stick. why, doesn't evrybody ?

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I just drink until I forget what I saw. Blind drunk is indeed a way to go through life.

15. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    I started having ''outer body experiences'', turned out to be epilepsy, what did I do? Just thought that was kinda weird lol, went on for years until I went to the doc about it.

16. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Everything can be explained. Unless you're getting conflicting information from a-holes. People make completely observable things unexplainable by assigning arbitrary meanings to them.

That being said, I usually react by yelling "HARDCORE PARKOUR!!!" and watching the chaos ensue.

17. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I used to ask my teenager. They know everything. Now that they've grown up I'm waiting for my youngest ( 10 now ) to get there. I've been living in the dark ages since my two oldest grew up and moved out.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I wait for someone to explain it to me.

-Mike

19. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    It usually goes like this:

"WHOA!" "That was ******* FREAKY"

"Wanna go to Taco Bell? You Fly I'll Buy..."

20. slobake

Tonight feature is the story of a man who started a very boring thread. I'ts quite frightening.

Attached Files: