How do you think is the best bass player?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ltd_metal_boy90, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well my vote goes to Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne. This is also my first Thread.
  2. Not a way great question to start with dude, Theres too many genre's, too many style's and just too many unknown bass players so I suggest you should be specific, And even of you are specific, There are probably a couple of threads that discuss have your question anyway. Don't mean to be an *******, but some guys on here will get up in your ass when you ask such a question, so wide so to speak(Vague?).

But just IMO Ryan wouldnt be the best, ALthough if were to be put into a top 50 best players, He'd be before #40.
  3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    How do you think is the best bass player?

This question makes no sense. :meh:

Remind me to make sure my shoes are always tied. :smug:
  4. xxajr8xx

Aug 31, 2005
    lol i agree stupid mindless stuming o and
    les claypool one of the greatest
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You smell that?

Smells like...n00b.
  6. Do you guys know Leon Randolph?

7. I laughed way too hard when I read that. :p
  8. My vote doesn't go to Ryan Martinie. Can't say I'm a big fan... :rolleyes:
  9. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I have actually figured out the perfect answer for questions like this: If you can definitively select a single player as "the best" at any instrument, you need to broaden your listening horizons.

There is always someone better, somewhere, you just need to go find them.
  10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Can't we forbid these kind of threads? They're a waste of serverspace anyway.
  11. Since OP asked HOW the best player was, I'd guess he's fine.
  12. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    and ironically, the worst bass player (if indeed it is Mark Hoppus) is probably doing fine too, what with his large house, lovely wife & kids and millions in the bank :)
  13. The best bass player is one who can give the song exactly what's needed to make it sound great.
  14. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    If this is a serious thread, i'm going with Victor Wooten.

If not, Mark Hoppus for the win.

In the middle of "Voyeur" live: "We are preparing for the bass guitar solo, please bring oxygen and ---- --- to the stage."
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    How about we all report threads and posts that we think are questionable... it helps the mods keep things in order.

for the new guy... Welcome to Talkbass! "best" is impossible to qualify... "favorite" works better. Music is an Art and an Expression, there is no singular end we all race to, no judging point to rate against.

The past and present Mods of this section have put together some links of past threads that seem to happen over and over.

take a glance:

You will see some good places to post you admiration for Ryan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.