1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How many basses do you own? (Currently) Part 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 23, 2013.

1. 1

670 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. 2

1,115 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. 3

1,129 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. 4

915 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 5 to 9

1,890 vote(s)
    28.9%
  6. 10 to 20

608 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. 21 +

167 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Too many to count

53 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Dean Hillsboro PJ
    Just picked it up during my lunch hour:
    img_8737-. img_8738-.
    img_8739-.
    Haven't seen many (any) of these.
    Now I have to wait until tonight!

Nunovsky and Greg Waldon like this.
  2. Jetgloz

Jetgloz

Nov 3, 2018
    A Rickenbacker 4003 & a Fender Jazz.

3. FerK

FerK

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    I just got a notification about my bass on sale getting a bid (in www.ricardo.ch, the Swiss version of eBay). So come next week I'll be down to 2 (from 3): my Dingwall NG2 and a Warwick Corvette Masterbuilt (also 5-string) that I'd also like to sell. With the sale of the one I have on Ricardo.ch I have enough to pay for the remainder of the Dingwall Afterburner that should arrive around Christmas, putting me back to 3.

4. Ibanez GWB35
    Lightwave Sabre C fretless 5
    Pedulla TBass 5
    Stagg EUB

5. B-Mac

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. Stub Mandrel

Stub Mandrel

Tuesday
    Greetings fellow adepts to the one true musical way....

I've joined the forum because I'm feeling smug after visiting a Guitar shop yesterday and picking up a near-mint Hohner Jack Professional 5-string with the emg select pickups in near-mint condition complete with a case, strap and lead for £169 that's about $220! It even has a fresh battery.

This bass was meant for me as I've had a Hohner B2 with the twin soap-bar pickups for about thirty years and I've never heard anything but praise for how well it plays and sounds. Recording engineers refuse to believe it isn't active! It's about as ratty and battered as you can get, my brother converted it to left hand, gave it to me and I converted it back to right hand.

The five string is different enough in every way to be a big treat but still has the great build quality. It does need a bit of time setting up, just a truss rod tweak and intonation.

Next an absolutely mint Fender Performer, which is probably one of the finest basses Fender ever made, even though they came out of Japan.

Finally, a 1970s May Fretless p-bass - these get good reviews, but as you can imagine I'm a bit spoilt by the others :)

7. B-Mac

No 52 arrived yesterday at the local FedEx store...So much easier when I know I need to sign for it ahead of time!
    Picked it up during my lunch hour and still had time for lunch by golly!
    2006 Dean Edge Q4B from a Steel player who bough it new.
    Not a mark on it. Like opening a time capsule.
    Found an old Craigslist Ad that was posted since 2012. Contacted the seller who actually forgot about it and sure enough...it was still for sale!
    Sellers pix. I'll post my actual pix later.
    5424_p2210037_2--. 5424_p2210038_3--. 5424_p2210039_2--. 5424_p2210041_2--.

mikeyjm2 likes this.
  8. Rklotz

Rklotz

Yesterday
    all a man needs is one working bass

9. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    I specifically remember you playing an electric guitar in the opening theme. One working bass and a guitar?