How Many Here..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ....don't spend their days gassing/shopping for new basses, pedals, amps, etc.etc. etc...but instead, use what bass they have and spend their time studying and learning music, theory, related musical academia to improve their musical knowledge/foundation in regard to playing a bass?

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Are you actually trying to start a fight?:D

Mvilmany, BurnOut, Aberdumbie and 4 others like this.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I use bass to make music. I use music to make bass. If I post here, I am likely at work.

mrcbass and Aberdumbie like this.
  4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Same here. GAS is not strong with me. :D

JimK likes this.
  5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I'm going with seven, seven is the number of people who conform to the OP's specification...

6. GrimTim

GrimTim

Jan 16, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I have what I want gear wise.. nothing catches my eye atm. But getting good and not being a scrub, that's all day, every day. Doing the work.

Stumbo likes this.
  7. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh poopie, this is gonna be good.

8. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I don't have GAS, and I don't shop for basses or any gear.

I do use the bass I have.

Yeah... no, I don't do any of this either!:thumbsup:

9. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Can’t you do both?

I’m selling off my extra GAS bloated guitars (again), and this time..

10. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    Like mellowinman, if I'm postin' here I'm probably at work (helps break up the monotony). I'm happy with what I have, but I do keep an eye on CL for specific gear that I'm thinking about (6 string fretless, electric standup, cabs, pedals).

11. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    I don't sacrifice practice time to chase gear, but I do chase gear and practice, I don't think they are mutually exclusive and as long as your gear chasing isn't cutting into practice time, it's a no blood no foul situation.

Cutting my gear chasing wouldn't make a lick of difference to my practice schedule, they are discreet activities.

12. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Got the foundation already. Did that years ago. So I think I’ve earned a little playtime. ;)

That said, my tastes are what are politely referred to as “eclectic tastes.” So I don’t buy everything that comes out. Most of what I like already came out ages ago and is now in short supply. And usually more than I want to doend. So that provides a natural check on my desire to get something.

Right now I’m down to just one more contemplated purchase in the foreseeable future.

Life is good.

13. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I am now.

14. There are always a few things I want, mostly to make weekend gigging a bit easier, but they aren’t very gasssy.

I’m pretty happy with my gear and basses, haven’t bought either for a while and don’t really intend to.

I don’t practice as much as I would like, mostly due to carpal tunnel, which means I have limited time I can play a day. When I do I make the most of it.

I hang hear to learn and enjoy the speak. Even the snarky and dumb stuff makes me laugh at times

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021