How many teens here drive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mac_the_sac, Oct 30, 2004.

1. How many of you guys who are old enough to have your liscense have it. There seems to be sort of a general trend where I live that most kids are just to lazy to get it. Im 16 and dont even have my permit, and I actually could use having a license considering i have lots of gigs and stuff my dad or bandmembers drive me too. Most of my friends could have their licenses but don't, is this similar to most other places?
  2. i'm 15 and I don't have my permit, but in Rhode Island you now have to be 17 until you get your license!
  3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm 16 and I just got my permit a couple weeks ago, though I could've gotten it two months ago.

Most kids here get their permit then license as soon as they possibly can, so I'm a straggler you can say.

4. 18, no permit or license.

Dang, I feel like I'm confessing something.
  5. I ve got a friend whos 19 who doesnt have either, so i think your alright. haha
  6. I got my permit when i was 15 and licensed 6 months later once i turned 16. My drummer is 19 and doesnt have his license. It really helps to have your license when your in a band situation. But your right, i think people get lazy and dont get it. I think they should get it asap. :meh:
  7. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Licence for what? Licence to be totally apathetic towards getting a "licence"? Yup, got that one.
  8. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I'm 16 and I have my permit. I could get my license, but the insurance would kill me.
  9. I got my permit when I turned 15, got my license when I turned 16.
  10. I don't have the money for it.

I could have gone this time last year (crap - my 17th birthday's in two weeks Tuesday. :eek: )
  11. Yeah, I think with a lot of people (including myself) it's not laziness but rather the insurance price. Here in California it's killer for people under age 25.
  12. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm 16.5, have my liscence, and drive. Purple 85 Cabrio. Fear me.
  13. I'm 17 (1/2) And I have had my license since March.
  14. Bryan, they changed it in June, so you got lucky.
  15. Yep. :)
  16. When I was 16 I got my permit the day i turned 16. At 16.5 i had my license, exactly six months after i got my permit.
  17. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm 16 and drive a 98 Ford Ranger. You can't go wrong with a Ford.
  18. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    im 16 and about 9 months...i got my licenese here in rhode island when i was 16.5. im driving a volvo 850.
  19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    ...yeah...sure can't...:eyebrow:

I'm turning 17 in a week and a half, and I'm getting (effectively) my permit (actually my G1) uber-soon. My brother waited for a year, so my parents MADE me wait for a year.