1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much would it cost...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LotusCarsLtd52, Apr 18, 2010.

1. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    ...to get a Fender standard MIA Jazz without the pickguard on it? I know I could always remove it but I'm not sure I'd want the screw holes in the body. That would mean ordering custom, correct?

2. thirtypoint87

thirtypoint87

Feb 9, 2004
    Manager/Repairman: Music-Go-Round
    Yes, and -if possible- will cost an arm and a leg, possibly more. Consider getting a standard MIA Jazz and then replacing the body with an 'undrilled' one from Allparts, etc.

good luck!

3. ^ pretty much your only option , you could sell a mint MIA body for more then your replacement you desire more then likely.

I think highway one jazz basses have no channel route but you will have the screw holes unless you refinish it.

4. ^ I was gonna say that I don't think they make Custom Shop Fenders apart from the re-issues etc. and if you could get one, it'd be much cheaper to fill the holes with putty or something and refinish it. The other option is much smarter, but if you absolutely need to have the original genuine Fender body, that'd probably be the way to go.