1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to clean an old Mooradian bag.

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by SeoulFul, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hi just purchased a new bass and it came with an old Mooradian bag. The previous owner kept the bag in the closet for a very long time so it currently possesses a very distinct odor. I gave it a bath but it didn't do anything.

Anyone have any tips for getting rid of the smell? Can I get it dry cleaned or something?

2. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    It might help to open it up and leave it out in the sun. Couldn't hurt.

3. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    I am super sensitive to mold and mildew smells. I find that a good dose of vinegar in the wash gets rid of almost any odor, including cat urine, and won't damage anything. And yes, wash it on a hot sunny day!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. jleguy

jleguy

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    I brought a used Mooradian bag I purchased to the dry cleaner. They washed it in their huge washing machine. They then had to make sure the foam was back in the right orientation. There was some shifting of the foam and I still have one piece that is not quit right, but the bag is clean for $25. It took a week to dry at the cleaners, longer than they had initially anticipated. I would ask first if they have experience cleaning similar size bags with substantial foam in it. Overall I was happy with the result for what I paid.

Michael Eisenman likes this.