How to deal with dad....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jan 23, 2005.

1. My band is going to record on saturday downstairs. My dad has a fairly nice demo studio. The one thing I'm concerned with is that downstair the floor is not THAT well open ended. I want to move a shelf downstairs to make room, so we could all see each other. The problem is that this shelf contains some prized stuff for my dad. I would really like to move this, but it has quite a bit of stuff, and I think if I move it on my own he would get mad at me. Very very minute detail I know, but what would you suggest I do?
  2. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Be sure he is involved with the moving of it. If he plays with a band, I am sure he knows the importance of being able to see each other while playing. Those lead guitarist faces are hilarious. Just make sure he's good with it, take your time moving it, and put it somewhere VERY safe.
  4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sounds pretty cool that your Pa's into music and helping you out like that.

My drummer has a NICE studio, and a seventeen-year-old son. Joel's been trying to get his son into music for ever - y'think he'd have any interest at all? Nope; he just wants to play X-box - and I mean that's about all. I'd more understand if he had some sort of other, productive interests - but.. I'm starting to think there's something harmful with those things.

To add insult to injury, The only music I ever hear him listen to is Doctor Dimento stuff.

5. +1