1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how to do cancel a purchase on ebay?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Venomouscontrol, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

Sep 22, 2012
  2. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Hmmmmmm strange, I thought the STRATosphere was known to be pretty reputable

3. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    I think that seller is a pretty reputable one. Their return policy is on the page you linked to. If the item is not as described then contact them as they state and arrange for a return.

4. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Cancel the payment NOW. Reason: Item not as described, fake. eBay and Paypal take a dim view on fakes even if the seller did not intend anything wrong.

5. tkonbass

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Admittedly I'm not a jazz bass expert or even as jazz bass fan but is it really that easy to spot this as a fake? Honestly wondering as I don't know. If so why wasn't it noticed until after payment was made.

6. jd-ns

jd-ns

Sep 28, 2010
    Canada
    I've bought from that seller in the past multiple times with no problems. I once returned an item as well with no hassles.

I may be wrong but the item description/picture/ebay listing looks legit to me.

7. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I'd wait till you get it, and then simply return it. If they won't let you, then file a claim.

8. Walfretless5

Walfretless5

Mar 21, 2014
    New York
    Are you sure it is really a fake based on that? I'm not that familiar with the model but I am sure that the original Geddy Lee basses were manufactured in Japan....if this is a 2014 Mexican body and that is where they are produced now , is it possible that the spacing spec is changed? I am sure Stratosphere will let you return it but you'll probably will have to pay the return shipping on it though.

9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    patience they'll return your message just ask them to cancel the order you made the purchase in error.

10. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

Sep 22, 2012
    guys, just look at the pickup spacing. it's wrong. and yes, i only noticed it after buying it.

11. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

Sep 22, 2012
    I thought that Geddy Lee basses are all along supposed to be 70's spacing?

12. megafiddle

megafiddle

May 25, 2011
    The bridge on that one does look to be too far north.
    They also all seem to be 3 color sunburst; that is 2 color.
    (edited) or at least a very poor 3 color

Possibly it's just the photo that's wrong. Wait and see what arrives.
    Should be no trouble returning it if it looks like photo.

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  13. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    +1
    I have bought a LOT of parts from them.

14. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    looks an awful lot like this one.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0147702

Either way, as has been stated several times here, your seller is legit and if it is an error it's honest and they will make it right for you.

If it was me and I truly wanted a geddy bass I'd hold my mud for a day or so until it arrives and make sure of what it is before I got all twisted up about it, unless of course time is a legit factor.

15. megafiddle

megafiddle

May 25, 2011
    Look at the relative location of pickup compared to the bridge, and compared to the inner screw hole for the control plate.

In the Geddy Lee's, the pickup is closer to the bridge. In the photo in question, the pickup is closer to the screw hole.

But yes, should just wait and see.

-

16. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Could it be that since production switched from Japan to Mexico the pup location didn't make the transition? That Fender figured it would be too costly to run different configs off the same line. I'm sure it's all done with CNC so it would seem to be a minor thing to put the pups in the "correct" location for that particular model, but bean counters often have very different ideas of what is acceptable than do those who will wind up buying the products they made production decisions for. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure why such a solid seller would misrep something to that degree.

It's possible it was a simple brain fart and they simply mismatched the info with the pics.

17. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

Sep 22, 2012
    They have not replied yet. And it says that the item has it been shipped yet. Do you have to log in to an account to approve a purchase of a product?

18. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

Sep 22, 2012
    Guys?

19. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Calm down.
    If it's been shipped just wait and see what shows up.
    If it's not the right one just send it back.
    Worrying will do you more harm than getting a Jazz body with 60's p.up spacing will.

20. tkonbass

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    ^ This!
    Allow the seller the opportunity and time to satisfy you. Based on what you've posted here, it looks as though you pulled the trigger on this before you knew for sure what you were buying. Not their fault and yet they'll most likely still make it right for you.

If they refuse to then you have other recourse available to you through eBay and most likely your credit card or Paypal.
    And to answer this. No. If you sent payment and they received payment. They may ship the item.

Winfred likes this.