1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how to fix this ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by himluis1, Jun 4, 2014.

1. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1401888687.613500. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1401888702.262535. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1401888717.746062.

how can i fix the finish of my p bass or at least prevent more damaged , dont want this crack to get bigger

2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I wouldn't bother trying to fix it. Consider it christened and play on.

3. This might do the trick - http://www.guitarscratchremover.com/guitar-polish-products.html
    It is an excellent product, and lives up to the claims made by the website (quite a novelty! :) ) - it actually reactivates the finish on your guitar and seals over the little dings and scratches, making them look new (or very close, anyway). It cannot hide a really deep gouge or a wide scratch, but it does an amazing amount nevertheless.
    It might be able to remove the ding in your finish - definitely worth a try - but as the God of Thunder says, it is a pretty small ding, and if you use your bass regularly then a few of that size are almost an inevitability.

Best of luck. :)

4. Kevin aka Kebo

Kevin aka Kebo Commercial User

Nov 17, 2011
    Princeton NJ
    Owner - Kebo's Bass Works
    Its not getting worse, consider it christened... My 58p should look that good..

5. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    It won't get bigger. A poly finish isn't like a car windshield. Leave it be.