1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to keep a clean desk (pedals)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by dnp41, Aug 3, 2019.

1. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    So I'm using a room upstairs as a room for my bass gear, and recording (bass). But it's also used for sports (we have some weights and stuff) and our kids use it as a play room.

My wife is not really too happy with my pedals and cables just lying around the desk/floor. I'm not to happy with my 1 year old chewing on the cables and trying to rip the pedals from the board whenever I leave it on the ground (which I now never do). I tend to not use my gear as much as I would like.

I've been thinking how to fix this and keep a clean looking desk where I can just plug into and at least have a tuner, compressor and preamp ready for use.

I'm leaning towards a rack that I can build into the desk, but is there another obvious solution?

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Pictures of the room would be helpful.

3. FDR Jones

FDR Jones

Apr 7, 2018
    Assuming this is a computer desk, how about a monitor riser?

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i would get a new family.

seamonkey likes this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

7. ccouch7

ccouch7

Feb 14, 2009
    Closable and lockable pedal case might work?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sliding rack shelf/drawer is an idea if you don't need them on the ground.
    [​IMG]

I'm using this midi switcher to switch the pedals in the drawer,
    with either instant access or presets.
    It can slide into the bottom of the rack (under the Furman rack power) when not using it.
    [​IMG]

Just a couple possible idea's, hope it helps!

dnp41 likes this.
  8. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    that looks great, thanks for the inspiration

ccouch7 likes this.
  9. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Just a heads-up: if you go for pedalboard cases, look for cases with removable tops. And close and lock them unfailingly.

Hinged lids?: toddlers will pull them down, risking fingers, eyes, necks, etc.

dnp41 likes this.