1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to setup my pedal chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Neetzo, May 13, 2019.

1. Neetzo

Neetzo

May 12, 2019
    Hi Rockers.

Im kinda new into gear. And for my new band i have to get a Pedal chain. But im a noob when it comes to cables and stuff.

My equipment will be:
    Spector Legend 4 Bass
    Fender Rumble 500 Combo

- Polytune
    - Sansamp Bass Driver programmable DI
    - Boss Ceb 3 Chorus
    - Boss FB-3 Flanger

Which and how many cables do i need for this chain and what will be the best way to set it up? Have in mind that im new with this :D

Thank you so much guys!

2. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    My 2 cents:

Polytune => Chorus=> Flanger =>Sansamp

You want to feed your tuner with the cleanest possible signal, and end your chain with the DI, if you want to use it as a DI, or go ampless, otherwise, your modulation effects will not reach the FOH. I you plan to use it just as a dirt pedal, I would put it after the tuner, before the modulations. It only depends on your goals.

As for chorus and Flanger, if you want to use them both at the same time, experiment and find what is more pleasant to your ears.

You will need 3 daisy chain cable, plus one cable from your bass to your pedals, and another one from your pedals to your amp.

Bassmike62 likes this.
  3. Neetzo

Neetzo

May 12, 2019
    Thanks for your response :D So just to see if i got it right. I think i will use it as a dirt pedal. So i will go tuner - sansamp - Chorus - Flanger. With the bass into my tuner pedal or? And which end should go into the amp? Yes sorry, but like i said im kinda new with this :D Before i were just plug and play into an amp.

4. Jebberz

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    Yes, the bass into the tuner, and the pedals to your amp. You got it right.

5. Neetzo

Neetzo

May 12, 2019
    So far thanks a lot.. really a great help. So beside the 3 patch cables, then 2 regular jack cables. And is it the last pedal going in to the amp? My gear in on its way in the mail. Cant wait to play with it. :D And so nice that im not clueless now what to do with it :p

6. Jebberz

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    Yes, the last pedal goes to your amp. Have fun! :)

7. Neetzo

Neetzo

May 12, 2019
    Again.. Thanks alot :D Got no doubts now.

8. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

westrock likes this.