1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

How would j-bass pickups sound if instead of series wiring, you wired it like a Rickenbacker?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Float on man, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Float on man

Float on man

Mar 10, 2018
    I was pondering this question yesterday and wonder your opinion on the matter, I thought it wouldn’t change the sound but, pttf, what do I know huh.

2. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Like a standard Jackenbucker

Float on man likes this.
  3. Float on man

Float on man

Mar 10, 2018
    I thought they’re called jickenbickers though.

Bassbeater likes this.
  4. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    If you are good with wiring I think you should record it like it is, then change it and record again. Aferwards you can decide which you like better. Or better yet, post a blind voting thread with samples and you'll have pages of expert arguments as to which is which! :D

Float on man likes this.
  5. Float on man

Float on man

Mar 10, 2018
    Huh, nice idea, thanks for the suggestion dude.

Bassbeater likes this.
  6. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    A stock Jazz Bass is wired in parallel. They can be wired in series if you want to do that. I have no idea how a Rick's two pickups are wired.

Float on man likes this.
  7. Float on man

Float on man

Mar 10, 2018
    8845AA06-C887-48C2-BFCF-E6FD767A7FCF.jpeg
    Sorry, mess up on words there, thanks for correcting me. Also, this is what stock ricky wiring looks like.

8. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    4003-20wiring-20diagram-20full-20size_zpsngsb2ucz-jpg.jpg

Google found this posted here...

Float on man likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021