HPF/LPF questions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nunovsky, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Hi!
    I'm thinking of using my Mooer Radar as a HPF/LPF and I'd like to ask some questions before doing it.

From what I've read most TBers set the cutt frequency of the HPF at around 30-40hz. And what about the LPF? What do you think is the best cut frequency?

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Based on High Pass Filter (HPF) and Low Pass Filter (LPF) Mega Thread, set the adjustable HPF a bit above the tuning frequency of your cab. Also, depending on the venue/stage, you can set it by ear, to clean up poor venue acoustics.

Once the HPF is set, the amp bass tone control can be tweaked to take advantage of the wider Q (bass frequencies near the HPF cutoff).

For the LPF, set it by ear to get rid of fret/string noise, if that's your goal. It can also depend on whether or not you have full range cab. After setting the LPF, you can also tweak the treble tone control too.

What's your rig?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    12BitSlab likes this.
  3. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

Use your ears. Different room acoustics will change the level and frequency of the 'mud frequencies'.

Also only you know what result you are trying to achieve.

12BitSlab and Stumbo like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021