Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Humber college's music program

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Has anyone from here gone to Humber college? I found a (very helpful) fellow on the DB side who had, but I was curious to see if anyone here has.

2. lojack

lojack

Jan 6, 2005
    Yah, Govithoy I went there.. uh, three years of my life. Finished the program. Got the degree (diploma, whatever, I don't know where it is and have never showed it to anyone). Got out.

I went there some years ago, alot has changed; I was there in the Brian Lillos era and Lenny Boyd was head of the bass dept. From what I hear what with the university program it sounds much better these days.

But from everyone I've talked to that I went there with, no one looks at it with any kind of fondness. The top reason is that as a working musician, much of what I do today doesn't have much to do with what I learned in school. Once I left, it was all on the job training. What's with that?

It helped me out lots; I should add I'd only been playing bass a year before I went there. Yep, I know they turn people away, but all they do at the audition is see if you have pulse.

I don't remember much of the post that Creeking Tree guy made (sorry dude.. Kory? Koby?); can you show me that link? I have trouble with the phrase "it depends on what you put into it".

It's late, I should go to bed, I'll continue this later