Humber college's music program

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Has anyone from here gone to Humber college? I found a (very helpful) fellow on the DB side who had, but I was curious to see if anyone here has.
  2. lojack

Jan 6, 2005
    Yah, Govithoy I went there.. uh, three years of my life. Finished the program. Got the degree (diploma, whatever, I don't know where it is and have never showed it to anyone). Got out.

I went there some years ago, alot has changed; I was there in the Brian Lillos era and Lenny Boyd was head of the bass dept. From what I hear what with the university program it sounds much better these days.

But from everyone I've talked to that I went there with, no one looks at it with any kind of fondness. The top reason is that as a working musician, much of what I do today doesn't have much to do with what I learned in school. Once I left, it was all on the job training. What's with that?

It helped me out lots; I should add I'd only been playing bass a year before I went there. Yep, I know they turn people away, but all they do at the audition is see if you have pulse.

I don't remember much of the post that Creeking Tree guy made (sorry dude.. Kory? Koby?); can you show me that link? I have trouble with the phrase "it depends on what you put into it".

It's late, I should go to bed, I'll continue this later