1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Humorous headless bass anecdotes...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pbass6811, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Well, since the last thread I posted was sorta serious and could very easily devolve into a full-on debacle, I thought I'd give equal time to an amusing incident last night...

I spent most of the night on my Kiesel Vader VB5. Towards the end of the night, a lady in the crowd was trying to get my attention. I don't really know her, but she's been coming to our shows for a while. She's a really nice lady but it's hard to have a conversation with her because she talks so softly. She's making some weird gestures pointing to her head and to my bass. When we stopped playing she comes up to me and this is the conversation that happened-
    Her: What happened to your guitar?
    Me: Huh?
    Her: The part where you tune your guitar, what happened to it?

-Now I could've simply said it's headless, and the tuners are at the other end, but what kinda fun would that be? Plus, I wanted to see if she was really drunk.-continuing on-

Me: The part where I tune...oh, it fell off.
    Her: Really? How are you gonna tune it now?
    Me: Well, fortunately, it stayed in tune after the headstock fell off, so I'm ok as long as it doesn't go outta tune...
    Her: Wow. That was lucky. Can you fix it?
    Me: Well, as long as it stays in tune, I'm not gonna worry about it.
    Her: Ok. You guys sounded good tonight.
    Me: Thank you
    Her: I hope you get your guitar fixed...

She comes out quite a bit, so I'll make it up to her...:D

Garret Graves, Camaro and Last Rebel like this.
  2. Last Rebel

Last Rebel Lone Wolf - No Club Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Ontario Canada
    I get comments like that all the time too with my Headless

I usually tell them I sawed off the head stock for balance

:)

leamdav, Camaro and pbass6811 like this.
  3. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I'm gonna tell people that I sawed it off because it wouldn't stay in tune...

Oh, the irony. Lol!:D

4. Last Rebel

Last Rebel Lone Wolf - No Club Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Ontario Canada
    How about....

The only way to install those expensive double ball strings was to modify the head stock with a chop saw

... fine tooth blade of course

5. In my area I get, "It's been a long time since I seen one of those." Or "Is that a Stei...a stegg.....I know who makes them but can't remember the name."

I rarely have someone approach me that doesn't know about a headless bass out here. All I do when I do encounter someone and they as I about tuning, I flash them my pegs with a quick shift of the hips. I'll joke if she's cute. If not I'm not much for small talk LOL.