1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hurley Pickups

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by hurleypickups, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurleypickups

hurleypickups Commercial User

Jan 18, 2012
    Business Owner, Hurley Pickups
    Hello all, I just joined this site and love talking bass. I have a line of pickups (hurleypickups.com) that I know some people on here have tried out. I am just curious to know how they are working out. I am mainly interested in the Virtuoso sing the other models have been discontinued.

I run mine straight through (no preamp) to my GK1001RB head to the GK NEO4x10 cab. I love this cab because the bypass channel alowed full control over the tweeter. This is how I can control my slap with no actual slap pickup. I have been playing out with this setup for over a year now and do not see myself changing it for anything. All of my bands play extremely loud and this setup has way more power than I need. ie NO FEEDBACK! I admit the amp was a bit expensive but I think I will have it for quite a while so I think it's worth it.

2. bluesdoubler

bluesdoubler

Apr 14, 2011
    Maryland
    Ryan: I just ordered one today. I'll post a review after a gig or two. (Won't be long...)

3. hurleypickups

Jan 18, 2012
    Great thanks a lot!

4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
  5. hurleypickups

Jan 18, 2012
    Ok I won't post anything else about my pickups. I just paid $100 to DBC for the same thing and can't afford to pay another $120 here

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hdiddy is right in this instance. This is a common issue for new commercial users, so no big deal. Please fill out your commercial disclosure, and know that you are allowed to discuss most bass topics here at TB as long as you stay within the spirit of the Commercial User Policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.