1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Sep 12, 2008.

1. It will be hitting my home in the matter of hours. What is everyone in its range gonna be doing?

2. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    The backstroke.

Gonna be a long bad night up here north of Houston.

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Good luck everyone in South of TX, and be very careful.

4. Well my family isn't to scared for it. We are just gettin' all our light outside objects in shelter and just gonna stay inside and play games and listen to music....

5. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    sw houston here. were taping all the windows and waiting..

6. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    According to FOX news & Geraldo, we're all gonna die! Certain death!!! Just turn on your TV and you'll see, we might as well start writing our SSN on our arm with permanent markers so it'll be easier to identify us after we all die! Idiots.

7. Drinking, and playing Nintendo DS if the power goes out

8. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Waiting for the lights to go out and watching ch11 w/the ac cranked to 72 degrees.

9. well the storm is just a few hundred yards from our house it seems.... but things seem calm right now... have gotten any rain yet just massive wind... relaly calm at this exact moment which is odd.

10. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Good luck cheesemonkey. We got the heck outta there, looks like it was the right choice as I'm watching my neighborhood get flooded on TV.

11. Thanks. Though like i said its calm and not much goin on... feels like a normal friday night to me... just drinkin soda listen to music and chattin to ppl on the comp

12. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Trying not to think bad thoughts Re the ex-wife (last known

Here, just north of Dallas, hoping the winds, etc., don't crash
    the covered parking thingie into my car later today.