1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hypothetical question regarding deleting inactive accounts

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by superbassman2000, May 7, 2006.

1. I am not requesting that someone delete the useless members, but i was thinking about something if they did...
    with the recent threads regarding people's post counts, this got me thinking...say Paul (or you, if the person reading this is Paul) deleted all the inactive accounts. Would that delete all the posts of that account? I was thinking, if that happened, there would be alot of accounts with lowered post counts...because i know if a thread is deleted, the post count goes down, because that person's post was deleted...so would that happen?

does this make sense?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    not necessarily.

i remember seeing a user in which their account was made inactive, but not deleted.

in this post, i can click on your name and get to your profile and all that, in this thread, i couldn't. their name was just a small black font, so i couldn't get to their profile, nor could i search for it. so i am assuming that person couldn't even log in. their account was unusable, but the posts were still there.

but if the account was totally deleted, then i am assuming that yes, posts in threads that they have started would get deleted, inturn making others' post counts go down.

3. ok, i guess i was thinking of that then...thats an interesting thought...