1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I fixed a rattling tuner with super glue.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fireincairo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    My old Yamaha BB450 had one tuner rattling. The butterfly was attached to the tuner stem with a little metal node. It just got a little loose, I suppose, over the years of use. I put a tiny dose of superglue over the hole where the node sits and the rattle is now gone.

2. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    You just lost your identity. Some probably recognized your sound by the rattle they were hearing.:rolleyes:

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    It will probably come back. Superglue doesn't last long on metal to metal joints.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, I gave a tuner (butterfly part rattling) on my Rickenbacker a little superglue treatment back in 1993 or so and it hasn't come loose yet...

5. I thought the first post was going to read: "...and now I don't have to worry about tuning my bass ever again!" ;)

6. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hmmm that's pretty good Keb.