Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i hate ebay!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Aug 14, 2005.

do you hate ebay????

Poll closed Aug 21, 2005.
  1. YES!!!

28 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Nope

99 vote(s)
    49.3%
  3. Its Ok

74 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    i am selling some stuff on ebay and well i have to let go a bass, well at the last secound some guy (who has less than perfect feedback) came in and out bidded everyone. so he got the deal. well i sent him a invoice and asked him how he was going to pay. 3 days later, no response. so i sent ebay a e-mail asking for his contact info. so i called him and he made it out to be like i was the bad guy, and he said that he would pay this week end. so 1 hour 30 mins left in this week end and ive called him 2 times and no answer and no response to e-mails. so im giving him til monday to pay, if not ill letting it go to the next higher bidder. am i being harsh. its like 1 week today and only 1 e-mail and a nasty call. im i in the wrong??? do you also hate doing e-bay????

2. this is the wrong forum...

sorry that you hate e-bay...a moderator will be along shortly to move you...have a nice day

3. Dealing with people sucks in general, so... there you go! ;)

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I hate and love e-bay.
    Everytime I hit the sit I bid on SOMETHING. Mostly CDs (hence my 1,100 CD collection). Sometimes bass stuff. Occasionally high dollar junk.
    It's a good site. If he hasn't paid in 7 days, for get him. File a Non-paying bidder form, and get your money back, and relist. Or sell to the next high guy.

-Ray

5. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    oh well i ddint know which one it went in......but ill still give him till monday and then do all that stuff. but i dont hate ebay i just hate some ppl that mess with you and make you day worse. but i always buy stuff off of there.

6. I've done fine with Ebay, but just buying; haven't sold anything yet. I'll bet that's when the fun will start.

No, I don't think you're being harsh. Sounds like the guy's a jerk to not want to make good on the deal right away, or at least work arrangements out in a civil manor. :scowl:

Did you put a time limit on your item as far as how soon you should receive payment? Either way; dump him, dis his feedback, and move on to the next bidder. They may be happy to hear from you. Good luck.

7. in general i like ebay - both selling and buying but i had a similarly bad experience with ebay recently. the highest bidder didnt contact or pay me within a week so i filed an unpaid item dispute. another week on still nothing from the buyer... i asked ebay what would happen next and they said i could get my money back for the listing and that was it... :mad:
    i asked ebay what about their "legally binding contract" that bidders enter into when they bid on an item? ebay didnt really have an answer :eyebrow:

8. Same here. I bought nearly my entire rig off eBay with wonderful results.

+1. That's what feedback is for.

9. I usually get on fine on ebay, its when the sellers never reply, thats a pain in the ass, never had any trouble selling stuff tho

10. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Florida
    The problem with giving non-paying buyers negative feedback is they will most likely do the same to you.

11. None of these problems/issues relate specifically to eBay IMHO. :meh:

It is simply that the world has more than it's fair share of ***holes. :scowl: :scowl:

If someone bids and wins the auction, there is indeed a "legally binding contract", but it's up to you, as the seller, to enforce it by whatever means you think fit. Always remember, though, that " a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it isn't written on". :D :D :D :D

12. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    YES I HATE THEM,ebay sucks :spit:

13. thats not entirely true, a verbal contract is just as legally binding as a written contract, it is in scotland anyway, not anywhere else in the UK

14. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I've had nothing but great success with Ebay. I don't buy or sell anything without looking at Ebay first.
    Sorry to all those that have had trouble, but it's been great for me.

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yup, watch out for retalitory feedback if you decide to go the route. If you can't afford a negative, put it on your calendar to leave this clown negative feedback on the 90th day of the auctions close, he can't leave feedback for you after that day.

I've got two negatives from retalitory feedback: one was an ebook I was assured was a real solid publication. I got it in my email a half hour after I paid, said it had valuable savings for building your own Tele: guess what, it was a 10% discount at USACG, a place that can't cut a tele headstock legally. I asked for a refund, was denied so I left a negative and got one in return.

Another was a $1.99 phone clip, left the guy an email saying I wanted it, got an auto reply saying his dad died, he'd get everything out in the next two weeks. Two weeks later, got the same auto reply, and week after that. I didn't hear from him until I filed a paypal dispute, after I bought the clip from another source, his showed up in the mail. Left him a negative because I saw the clip only after filing a dispute, took 39 days to get my clip, and got a negative for "being a jackass when his dad died" -- bull IMO. He's no longer a registered member, but I still have his negative.

16. GIVE HIM TIL WEDNESDAY THEN REPORT HIM!

17. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I like the 90th day thing- if you can time it right, you can file it in the last 10 minutes, leaving him almost no hope of retaliating. :)

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's the chicken style of leaving negatives. I use my retalitory feedbacks as red badges of courage.

Who remembers that book?

19. I've sold numerous items on ebay including 2 guitars in the last month and have never had a non-pay. Maybe I'm lucky. When you sell, always state under your payment terms that thy buyer has x number of days to pay or you will negate the sale. I tell buyers 3 days to pay or their bid is cancelled. They may leave neg feedback but you can always reply and explain what the guy did.

20. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I do hahaha :p And kudos to you. That's the ballsy, honorable way to do it.