1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hate it when...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rickenmonster, Oct 26, 2013.

1. One of my old favourite pedals is surpassed. Loved my Sheehan Sig but my Darkglass VMT is doing the same thing but better(IMO). Anyone else had this happen?

2. g13nn

g13nn

Feb 25, 2006
    Singapore
    Thats normal when new pedals appear... i love my Aguilar Agro pedal... when the darkglass b3k, b7k & vmt arrived .... my Agro pedal is now in suspended animation...

3. My b7k arrives Monday. Oh the humanity!

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

Yup. Hate it too. It's like we're not ready to separate from it, but we know it has to happen. Not unlike relationships, may I be allowed to add...

:meh:

5. Yes Pragmatism can be painfull.

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Other than hurting the piggy bank I see nothing but good about getting improved gear.
    I'm not overly sentimental over effects pedals or other hardware, it's just stuff.

7. Agreed.

8. Darkonar

Darkonar

Dec 14, 2011
    Chile
    ^ All this.

t only upsets me when I know I've had the chance to get the better equipment but instead chose the "less better" for reasons that don't make any sense when I finally get the aforementioned gear.

And that sums up all my GAS history. :meh:

9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Happens all the time. I guess I am lucky because all the pedals I have replaced wound up having good resale value. Which feeds my gas.

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    There's a saying about that I think ... "Buy cheap, buy twice" :)