I hate to do it, but.....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DRay521, Jan 23, 2009.

1. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Wow dude this is some really cool stuff! When I read what kinda band I was thinking it just wouldnt be my thing, but Im glad I listened! Its pretty unique sounding, cool blend of tastes there! Can I add your band to my myspace? The invite will be from K.L.

Wow I feel sick..."Can I add you to my myspace?!" lol.

2. DRay521

DRay521 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Yeah I know the feeling.

I accepted your request. Thanks.

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    dude, I'm TOTALLY buying an album!

keep up the good work!

4. Groovy! Nice moves, I dig it.

5. DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I gotta say, I didn't expect this much great response. I'm humbled. Thanks guys.

6. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008
    In a word....sweeeet. Going to book mark that for my MySpace page

7. Very Funky!!! the bass sounds excellent.

8. nice grooves bro, how was that gig with Col. Bruce Hampton, that must have been a hell of a night...

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    You are a kick*** bassist. Enjoyable tunes....thanks for sharing.

10. DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Definitely. We had opened for him once before but this was the first time I had a chance to meet him. He's an eccentric guy but it's amazing to meet someone who's been around in the music business since 1963!! And any band he plays with is just outstanding. It was a great time.

11. I like it.

Nice stuff.

Great lines too.

12. DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Thanks man, that's quite the compliment. I really appreciate it.

13. sick... i am a big jambandfan. what were you playing (rig) in the studio? you guys hitting any festies?

14. He should have opened for you guys...definately great music going on here...will look for your CD.

15. DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Thanks, my rig was an Eden WT550 and 210XST. I ran direct for the tracking and then reamped (or reroomed) my track back through my amp.

As far as festivals, we've submitted to a few and are waiting to hear back. You know of any in Florida we should check out?

16. How did you "re-amp" your track?

17. DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL

I recorded straight from my bass into ProTools through a tube compressor. Then after the tracks were finished, we sent the signal from the computer into the Eden's input just like I was laying down the tracks all over again. That let me dial in the sound I wanted. For the final mix, we blended the DI signal (low end/low mids) with the reamping (high mids/treble) to get a full spectrum of bass tone. It also let me run through a 70's SVT head on one track where I wanted a "swampy" kind of tone. It's good because you get to use digital techniques but still get YOUR tone.

18. ultrabass6

ultrabass6

Feb 3, 2009
    Denver
    Very nice!! I like Jazz Butter the best. I hear AquariumRescueUnit influences. I've also opened for Col. Bruce a couple times. Hit me up if you all are interested in a festival in colorado.

19. I just wanted to say that I now start my mornings with Jazz Butter;) it's just too sexy

20. Damn, Jazz Butter is no longer available on the myspace player :( But I dig that fretless tone!