Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have a question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Sep 19, 2004.

1. I really wanna get a 6 string bass. Yet I wanna gte a really good one. I can get a Conklin GT-7 for 699. if the extra 7th string gets in my way, can I just trake it off and leave it off? will it affect the neck or bridge any way?

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    for $700 you can get an Ibanez soundgear 6er. those are really great. forget the conklin. it took me long enough to get used to a 6. conklin is still a great company though. bill is a hella nice guy thta has been patient with me constantly changing my mind and putting off my order.

you should try them all out. some people got 6ers and said they wanted more of a challenge. you might like the 7 a lot though. but my biggest problem was neck width and not # of strings.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You can take off one of the strings.. It will look horrible and may effect performance. One of my friends bought an Ibanez BTB405 and took of a string.. He wanted a 4 string, but he didn't like the color of it.