1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have come to one conclusion about something...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monoBEAR, Mar 12, 2008.

1. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    in my opinion it dosen't get any better than the 51' Fender P-Bass Butterscotch Re-issue. that bass plays like incredible. I'd love to have an original but can't afford one of course. Plus when you get the bridge and pickup covers on it. wow! awesome. i love mine.

2. congrats, i myself have not found bass nirvana yet

3. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    you just haven't tried enough basses yet...

4. indeed

i also only have 1 bass, the only bass ive ever owned.. but hopefully that will change this summer

5. I'm with you! My 51 reissue does it for me. Three main reasons:

- the neck and fretwork: top notch construction and finish; one-piece maple, skinny frets (hmmm, doesn't Lakland use those?), 7.25 radius, the most comfortable neck I've played

- the tone: absolute killer; P bass mids with a little more bite. At an open stage jam the other night were my 51 reissue, a Ricky, and a Squier P bass. My buddy at the back (a musician) remarked on how the 51 reissue cut through the best (same amp for all).

- the absolute simplicity of the bass: passive, volume tone, the rest is in the fingers. I don't have or want the covers and the two barrel bridge - while chincy - works fine,

One more thing: the cool factor of this first ever production electric bass - Leo's first - being as up to par for anything played today on a four string.

6. Interesting... I find I can vary the tone of this bass depending on my hand position, attack, etc. more-so than other basses I've tried. I also think the slap tone is excellent, though I'd acknowledge the geometry of this bass may not be conducive to players who mostly slap.

It always comes down to what suits you best!:bassist:

7. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    sweet! i've got some people that agree with me that they are a badass. woot!!