Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know there is a trick...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yvon, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Harry Anderson used to do a trick similar to the first one, only he shoved a knitting needle through the skin in his arm. It's done with a layer of fake skin on the arm.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's pretty impressive for street magic. I wish he'd lose the drama though in the coin one. I hate when magicians go all melodramatic.

brad cook

3. Someone tell me the secret to the third one. Hmm... :confused:

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    In the first clip the skin looks so fake its rediculous.

In the second two, I dont believe its real street magic. I think those are actors, or paid extras. Especially with the dork with the long hair.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You can see the hamburger come out of a hole in the wall.

6. Yea, and there was that slight thudding sound of something being pushed into place after the burger had come out. But I am completely clueless as to the third one :confused:

7. i am guessing that in the third one, while the guys are lowering the barrel, the guy slips out the back and runs away quickly. the people around him are all in on it.

8. I wish I could pull hamburgers out of walls, I'm hungry.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    There was a similar magic trick on that "Magic Revealed" special from a few years back, and it involved having twins. If I had to take a guess, I would say that Jumpsuit and Backpack are the only guys in on the trick, because they're the ones who are flipping the bucket over.

If you look at the magic purple lining, it's feasible to get someone contorted inside of it. It's kind of puffed up more than it was when the trick started. That's probably also why it took to guys to *flip* the can, as opposed to simply lifting it off the ground. Before anyone can take a really good look inside (All they have to see is that it's all purple), the twin pops up on the rooftop yelling, and their attention is drawn up there, while Jumpsuit conveniently exits with the can carrying the magician.

10. the third one is done by criss angel and he doesnt have a twin

as a guy who has done magic for a few years, i can tell you that that is one of the saddest bits of editing ever, the shots were spliced togther and there wasnt anyone in the barrel those feet were someone standing behind it

11. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah...most of the time "street magic" performed on camera is all about the editing, the camera angles and the people who are in on it.

12. very true

and from a sleight of hand viewpoint david blaine sucks not as a performer but sheer ability wise

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He's just a cheeseball anyway.

brad cook

14. Those tricks suck. Want to see a real trick?

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my butt!!!

Now THAT's a magic trick.

Randy

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Like him or not, david blaine can flick a MEAN card.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've heard he's just as good with boogers too.

brad cook

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, there is some kind of trick with that stuff. It freaks me out way too much, and it seems to dabble in demonism. I stay away from it.

-Mike

18. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You started out with gerbils, I'll bet.

19. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000