1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i need a combo

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by bgrthnababysarm, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i have been a guitar player for the last few years but i have recently decided to join a band as a bass player. I have a pretty crappy kramer bass that i picked up used a couple years ago that i think will work fine, but i dont have an amp. Ive been running my bass through the pa system that we have but it is time for me to get a real amp. There is only one guitar to compete with and our drummer hits relatively hard but nothing to extreme. I think that for most of our shows i will probably be miced, so i just need something that can keep up with the guitar and drums during practice. I have a pretty tight budget of about $300 but, I do not mind getting an old used amp if that would be better. I just want something that will give me the volume i need, has a good clean tone, and preferably a combo. So if anyone can reccomend any good amps for me to get, i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.