1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need a new little amp that kicks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by berniek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. berniek

berniek

Sep 30, 2009
    What is the smallest amp that still sounds good? Something light. I'm tired of lugging around heavy stuff. I just joined a gospel group - 40 voices and a full band. Any advice? Besides getting a dolly?

2. hartke kickback 15. mean little bastard. get an EQ pedal and you're set.

3. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    You should look into the new GK Microbass 2 combos. The 2x12 combo weighs like 38 pounds(!), or something crazy light. They're well priced too.

4. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just had my Mesa Walkabout Scout delivered today. The best combo I have played!

5. meta

meta

Mar 11, 2009
    if there is a cab you can leave with the full band, then get a mesa walkabout head (14 pounds) and just carry that around. get a briefcase and put some padding in it, and you're done.

6. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    dude all I find down here in Florida is tiny amps...where you at?!?!?!?

7. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Carvin BR515N...less than 50 pounds and I would be surprised if you needed to run it much over 2 on the master.

8. berniek

berniek

Sep 30, 2009
    Thanks everybody. The thread for the Ampeg Micro Stack was helpful too.

9. berniek

berniek

Sep 30, 2009
    How about a Mini Mark?

10. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    How Mini? What's your price range?

For me, the Markbass 1-12 combo is killer in a wide range of contexts.

I'd also look at the Genz Benz 3.0 series combos. I'm not so impressed with the ultra-miniature Markbass stuff, but those basic Genz benz items deliver great value.