i need advice please

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by LaklandBass, May 27, 2005.

1. LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    ive been playing electric bass for 10 years and would love to start standup for both finger playing as well as with a bow. im in a band thats a cross between dave mathews and death metal. we tune to CGCF ...my playing is in many styles from Jeff Ament to Stephan Lessard to Wooten. i have to go eub for portability but dont know enough to make a choice. money matters but doesnt, ill pay whatever is worth paying for. im new to standup and dont want to spend a fortune but after 10 years of any instrument i cant just buy some junk bass. i also need to know if theres any info i should get on what bow to get. thank you all for your help

current rig---- Lakland Bass w/ Fodera 45-105 , Bagend 410H, Bagend 118Deep, Ampeg SVT4PRO, QSC2450, Sennheiser Wireless, Digitech Badmonkey distortion ($30 and awesome)
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I think, given your eclectic music and background, you need to consider how close to real acoustic upright tone you want/need to be. EUBs vary pretty widely tonally, and that would factor into your choice. I have an Azola, and they're pretty widely known for sounding fairly true to acoustic tone, whereas the NS and other EUBs tend to sound more like an electric instrument.

Got any thoughts about how you want to sound?
  3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I suggest that you fill out your profile.
    This will help us to help you!