I need everyone's opinion!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ricman28, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ricman28

Oct 23, 2004
    Would you rather get a Spector Legend 5 string or go with a Cort Curbow 5 string? Discuss...
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Depends, on A LOT of things. It's hard to just say "this one is better"! What's your style, what do you need, what are you looking for? Which one do you like?
    I'm going to say what most people will say:

GO TRY THEM AND PICK THE ONE YOU WANT. About the only thing we can tell you here is if one's not built well, or not good for whatever music you'll play.

3. Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Isn't the curbow made of Luthite? I'm against that stuff since I had two Ibanez luthite basses and didn't care for them. The stuff smells like gasoline! I saw one of those curbows at my local Guitar Center the other day too. Old used one with that nasty yellow plastic showing through where the paint had been worn through.

I vote Spector even though they look malformed to me. At least it won't make you gag when you get it out to play.
  4. Mob

Jan 12, 2005
    Cort Curbow 5 String

Nice bass...
  5. Spector Legend 5er. They look ace, and from what i've been told, they are menna sound very good too, and all at a very good price.
  6. HAHA! Luthite. My guitarist's guitar is a luthite EDR470.....he swears one day he shall melt it for fun.
  7. Everyone should quit bashing the luthite bodies...I'm sure that not everyone is basing their opinion on them on fact. They don't smell like gasoline, for one...and they're extremely durable. I have the infamous EDB600 Ibanez with a luthite body, and I get some really great tones out of it. I'd assume that you could get some really good tones out of the Cort as well, as they seem to be well-made basses.