Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some help guys...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XSquigyX, Feb 8, 2005.

1. XSquigyX

XSquigyX

Jan 4, 2005
    ok, I have tax return money and I want to spend it. lolol

I have narrowed the options down to these two basses:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Left is the SR series that has the Bartolini MK1s with the MK1 preamp; right is the BTB that has the Ibanez DXP pups and preamp. I just played them at the GC and as far as playability, they are VERY similar. the only real differences are 1) cosmetic design and 2) pickups 3) the Mono rail bridge. I loved the bart setup, it was nice and smooth and honestly the DXP pre was also pretty nice. I prefer the body shape on the SR (left) as well as the finish; but I like the mono rail bridge design.... :crying:

Give me opinions please~

2. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Personally, I'd go w/ the BTB, but just for the sweepable mids.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    BTB all the way. Just cos I had an SR that I played and the B string sucked on it no matter what I did, and the BTB that I played *never owned one mind you* was awesome. Perhaps I bought a lemon, but that's my $0.02...

Ray

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What about nut width? I recall the SR having a narrower neck than the BTB.

If I recall the preamps have similar controls, but I'd take the Barts over Ibanez electronics anytime. I've had a few SR's, but never a sixer. Looking to get one eventually though.