1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I-RIG latency

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by EduUY, Jun 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EduUY

EduUY

Jun 22, 2017
    Do you know, if i plug my bass with IRIG will i hear the delay or latency normally expected when you directly plug your instrument in pc or it solves the latency problem with normal pc?

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    What latency do you normally expect?

3. EduUY

EduUY

Jun 22, 2017
    Dunno, when i try it directly in my notebook i get like 0,5 seconds of delay... i want 0 delay

4. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    What do you mean by "directly?" Are you plugging into the built-in aux input by using a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter?

5. EduUY

EduUY

Jun 22, 2017
    Exaactly.. and i want to know if IRIG solves the latency that i get from connecting like that

6. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It will likely be a marked improvement, but without knowing everything about your system and how you're using it no one will be able to give you a definitive answer. All systems have some degree of latency if the monitoring point happens downstream of the AD converter(s). Whether or not it's enough to be problematic is entirely situationally dependent.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  8. EduUY

EduUY

Jun 22, 2017
    ty man

9. FenderTuni

FenderTuni

Jan 30, 2012
    Philadelphia
    I have one iRig bought two years ago, so it's not the HD. It's easy to use but every time my pc gets frozen for whatever reason the latency that appears right after can be as much as one second. When that happens I just unplug and plug in again.

Hope it works!